A little bit about us…
Welcome to the first EIRIS Foundation blog post. We are a small organisation with big ambitions. Our vision is a financial and corporate system that encourages sustainable and responsible wealth creation. The transition we are aiming for will move trillions in the direction of a more sustainable economy and benefit millions of people. We will be using this little corner of the internet to talk about our current and future plans, comment on various sustainable and responsible investment issues and share the numerous ways that we and others are working to help responsible investors make a difference.
The EIRIS Foundation was founded in the 1980s and originated out of a group of churches and charities needing research to help them with their concerns about investing in companies contributing to Apartheid South Africa.
In the 1980s – 2016 the EIRIS Foundation was the sole parent company of EIRIS, a research agency providing environmental, social and governance research to investors. EIRIS has now become part of the merged entity Vigeo Eiris. The EIRIS Foundation remains a shareholder in this new entity but is a separate organisation which now has its own staff team.
Past activities by the EIRIS Foundation have included:
- Increasing the numbers of charities investing ethically
- Creating a new one-stop shop website on ethical money to promote responsible investment and encourage more consumers to choose ethical options as part of their financial planning
- Working with charities and NGOs to explore how best they can influence the direction of responsible investment
- Undertaking new research that is not yet commercially viable
- Making responsible investment more widely practiced and/or more effective
- Disseminating existing and new responsible investment research to a wider audience
We are excited about this new phase for the Foundation and look forward to building on our past projects and initiatives and delivering a wealth of new ones to help achieve our vision of a truly sustainable economy. Watch this space!
We are pleased to be supporting Rob Lake of Authentic Investor with his event ‘Values at Work : What does personal authenticity mean in investment and finance’ which is taking place in London on the 26th of July. For more information and to purchase a ticket visit: https://valuesatwork.brownpapertickets.com/